Special Tour for Ugandan Citizens!
This safari is intended to show Ugandans a view of our country that is usually enjoyed only by tourists. We will bring you close to nature and to the people and cultures of this beautiful country we are lucky enough to call home. You will enjoy viewing savannah life and seeking out wild animals in our custom-made safari vehicle, a boat safari, hikes, community walks, and so much more. All activities are set against a backdrop of dramatically beautiful Ugandan scenery, mountains, forests, savannahs, crater lakes, waterfalls, gorges, and, of course, the people.
- Gorilla tracking in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
- Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Nature walks
- Fort Portal
- Boat cruise
Engo Tours will pick you up from your pre-arranged location, either in Kampala or Entebbe, and begin our journey to Fort Portal
- Journey time: 4/4.5 hours Kampala/Entebbe to Fort Portal
- Accommodations: Kalya Courts Hotel
Visit Amabere Ga Nyina Mwiru caves (“the breasts of Nyina Mwiru”) in the morning. In the evening there are many activities to see and do in Fort Portal. It may be difficult to decide!
- Journey time: 5 hours Fort Portal to Rweteera
- Accommodations: Rweteera Safari Park
Today we transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park, and enjoy sightseeing and a game drive along the way. We check in to our accommodations and have a lunch break, then do an afternoon game drive through the park. Finish the day in the early evening with a boat cruise on the Kazinga Channel.
- Journey time: 2.75 hours Rweteera to Twin Lakes
- Accommodations: Twin Lakes Lodge
A day of sightseeing and a game drive as we make our way to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.
- Journey time: 4.5 hours Twin Lakes Lodge to Ruhija
- Accommodations: Ruhija Gorilla Trekking Camp
After a very early breakfast, we’ll drive to the orientation point where you will get a lesson in how to behave around the gorillas. Then we’ll set out to locate them. We only have an hour with them once we find them, so do not forget your cameras! In the afternoon, we’ll transfer to Bunyonyi.
- Journey time: 1.5 hours Ruhija to Bunyonyi
- Accommodations: Bunyonyi Overland Resort (2 nights)
This can be a day to relax, if you choose, but there is plenty to do here. There are otters to view on Lake Bunyonyi, and a visit to the Batwa people, the “Keepers of the Forest”, who are one of the last groups of short-statured people known as ‘pygmy people’. This is optional, but it’s a rare opportunity to visit with one of the oldest cultural groups on the planet. Let’s not forget a souvenir stop, too.
Today we will travel back to Kampala/Entebbe. This will be a long drive so sightseeing and the occasional rest stop will be the only planned activities.
- Journey time: +/- 7 hours
Cost Per person per day
- Mid range : 500,000 UGX (3,500,000 UGX for the week, not including gorilla permit)
- Budget: 300,000 UGX (2,100,000 UGX for the week, not including gorilla permit)
- Plus one-time Gorilla tracking permit 250,000 UGX
Our Quote Includes:
Our Quote Excludes:
© 2022 Engo Tours and Adventures. All rights reserved.