Perhaps nothing gets a writer’s brain percolating ideas like being in a faraway land, immersed in a foreign culture, and surrounded by a dramatically beautiful landscape filled with exotic animals. And no place can deliver these qualities to a writer like Africa can. A literary man we know, who has been working in the field for more than three decades, and living in Africa for the last 10 years of his life, has designed this tour especially for writers. This ten day itinerary will have you visiting locations that have figured importantly in literature — Isak Dinesen’s Kenya home, the site of Ernest Hemingway’s Uganda plane crash, Hotel Rwanda in Kigali, and many other locations that have played a central role in books about Africa (we will send you a detailed reading list well before you visit). If you come during August you will attend the acclaimed annual Writivism Festival in Kampala, where you will meet scores of African writers, editors, publishers, and book lovers.
This will be a grand adventure for the body, mind, and heart. You will find a wealth of material to write about whether your interest is fiction or nonfiction, and you will see the country through the eyes of other writers. We look forward to setting up a customized 10-day tour for you, or stay longer if you like. Tell us what your interests are and we will make sure your trip meets and exceeds your expectations.
Our quote includes:
- Ground transportation in our private safari vehicle
- English-speaking guide and driver
- Full board accommodations except where indicated
- All park and activity admission fees and permits
- Bottled water in vehicle
- All listed activities except any indicated as “optional”
Our Quote excludes:
- International air fares
- Health and travel insurance and medical expenses
- Meals and beverages outside of accommodations
- Beverages other than water provided in the vehicle
- Personal expenses (laundry, telephone, souvenirs, etc.)
- Gratuities for drivers, guides, porters, servers, etc.
- Any activities listed as “optional” in our quote
- Any activities that you book directly with lodges, hotels, or other vendors
© 2020 Engo Tours and Adventures. All rights reserved.